Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Animoto






 I have only ever used Animoto outside of the classroom, but I have always been impressed with how
simple and efficient it is to create a video using this tool. I think this is something my students could navigate easily and really enjoy using to create original projects. I like the idea of having students use Animoto to create book trailers, like the one I put together here for the novel, Of Mice and Men. I could also use Animoto at the beginning of a unit when I ask students to find anticipatory information about a novel, author, or setting, etc. Another great use could involve student's vocabulary words. Students could create videos to illustrate their vocabulary words and possibly use as a study tool. For my oral communications classes, students could create brief videos that would supplement their speeches. Really, there are so many possibilities and I look forward to implementing Animoto and exploring some of those possibilities in my curriculum and with my students. 


1 comment:

  1. First of all, that is a fantastic book!! I still remember reading it in senior English. We all loved it!

    I have never actually used Animoto (Yes, not even for the assignment, which I have yet to start. Procrastination is my middle name.) I usually always use iMovie to create videos, which I don't always think is very user friendly. I am excited to hear that you think Animoto is fairly easy to use! It makes me feel less stressed about not having the assignment done yet! :)

    I, too, like the idea of having the students use Animoto to make book trailers. You are just full of great "steal-worthy" ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete