Monday, March 7, 2016

About Me

Hi there, I am Pamela O'Neil. I was born in Marsyville, Kansas grew up in Elko, Nevada, and moved back to Hanover, Kansas as a senior in high school. I enjoy running, reading, and playing and watching sports of any kind. I now live in Beattie, Kansas, with my husband and son. I got my Bachelor's of Science in Education degree from Kansas State University. I have been teaching high school English and Oral Communications at Diller-Odell High School for the past three years.

Since college, I have really focused on and tried to capitalize on having a strong relationship with technology. This has served me well in my teaching career as we are 1:1 and each of the students have MacBooks. Because of this, I have become an avid "Mac person." Currently, I use the 2011 version of Microsoft Office. Our district implemented Canvas as our learning management system last year and I utilize that heavily in the classroom for information, assignments, and quizzes. We also use Google Docs and Drive often and other study tools regularly such as quizlet, Kahoot, Socrative, and Nearpod to name a few. Last year, I had the opportunity to attend and present about the Google Add-On, Goobric, an online form of rubrics for grading, at  Nebraska's Educational Technology Association Conference in Omaha with some other educators from our school. I learned a lot attending the two day conferences and hope to have that opportunity again next year.

As a fairly new teacher, I am constantly seeking ways to improve. This is what inspired me to pursue a Master's degree and the cohort program through Peru State College has been both a convenient and enlightening way to do so. I plan to use the many tools and strategies I glean from the program to demonstrate my love for and drive to be a life-long learner.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Pamela,
    It is nice to meet you had have you in class. It is fabulous that you are a 1:1 school. Our school is also moving to an Apple ecosystem. We have 50 1:1 classrooms and I coach our teachers in our #ipadacademy. It is incredible what happens when students have access to the device, teachers have training, and students have opportunities for choice and creation. That is also wonderful you have an LMS. IT is great to have a uniform platform to deliver content to students. Congratulations on presenting at the NETA conference! Bravo! It is wonderful to give back to the education community and share best practices in instructional technology. I will be at the NETA conference this year, so if you are up in Omaha, look for me! I am on the NETA board and will be one of the people running around in a blue shirt! I am glad you chose PSC for your graduate work. I hope you enjoy the course.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete